Culturally Sensitive Therapy emphasizes the need for a therapist to understand the client’s ethnicity, background, and belief system. The best psychologist in Chennai, India, incorporates culturally sensitive information to mitigate differences in opinion, attitudes, and values. Being culturally sensitive helps a therapist to gain cultural competence. This helps in understanding and recognizing one’s own culture. And to understand how it impacts the relationship with the client. Then only can one respond according to the culture of the client? To understand the client’s culture, emphasis must be laid on the client’s generation, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, and socioeconomic background.
Use of Culturally Sensitive Therapy
Culturally Sensitive Therapy can be used by psychologists in Chennai, India, during any other similar forms of therapy. This practice enhances the comfort of the client, making the treatment more effective. Several types of research have documented that cultural sensitivity has positive impacts on the client. Some guidelines present how therapists can increase cultural competence when interacting with clients from different backgrounds. For example, Latino clients have been documented to have a lesser impact on when they founded the therapist to be more distant. For instance, personal information about famous psychotherapists may help clients feel more comfortable. Some research has also guaranteed that familiar language and attractive traits have increased the effectiveness of a therapy session. When a therapist does not follow these guidelines, it can make the client feel ill at ease and alienate them.
Expectations from Culturally Sensitive Therapy
A culturally sensitive therapist generally follows the standard guidelines working with diverse groups of people. Search therapists understand that racial, religious, cultural, and sexual identities play a part in forming the individual’s belief system. The final goal and expectations of both parties are fundamental improvement and progress irrespective of cultural differences. Those top psychologists in India who practice Culturally Sensitive Therapy acquire the necessary knowledge and skill and integrate cultural sensitivity to recognize and respect differences and boundaries during treatment. A culturally sensitive therapist must be able to work with a diverse group of people from different backgrounds.
How The Treatment Works
For psychologists to practice Culturally Sensitive Therapy, they must find it necessary to vary their procedures and introductions depending on the client’s cultural background. Using customized therapeutic processes rather than standard methods are much more effective. Even when the best psychologist in Chennai, India, deviates from the standard psychological procedures when treating someone from a different culture, they must adhere to some of the basic ethical considerations guidelines. However, some famous psychotherapists think that displaying differences may hamper the psychotherapeutic process.
When looking for the top psychologist in India, Cultural sensitivity is an important consideration. It would help if you always looked for a licensed therapist who shows respect and awareness for your community and culture and whose goals and aspirations are similar to yours concerning the therapy. The therapist must understand whether it is proper to treat a particular point of view if you are from the same ethnic or cultural background. Another thing you have to make sure that you feel comfortable personally discussing matters with your practitioner.
Psychotherapy with Praveen Saanker
Coaching, Psychotherapy and Counselling services provided by Mr Praveen Saanker are part of our “not-for-profit” activities. We do not charge a consulting fee for these support initiatives since they are meant to provide aid and relief for truly deserving individuals who otherwise may not have been able to afford these services.
Mr Praveen Saanker has set aside 12 hours of his professional time every week to provide coaching and counselling services. Appointments are provided basis the unique needs and circumstances of each individual. Please note that we do not have robust CRM platforms or customer support teams to provide instant answers to your queries or replies to your mails. Hence please bear with us for the time we take to get back to you.
What do we expect from you?
When you decide to get associated with us, we expect you to contribute to society in whatever capacity you can. This may mean you are undertaking voluntary work in your domain of expertise and provide empowerment and support to the needy. This can also mean you are giving help and assistance to people who desperately look forward to your aid when they have no one else who can help them. All we want you to do is give back to the universe and your fellow humans in whichever capacity you can.
We are not a registered charitable organisation, and hence we do not accept financial donations or support items in any form. You can get associated with anyone and choose the path you would like to follow in empowering your fellow human beings. But we would like to hear from you on how you intend to contribute back to society shortly when you choose to avail of our services.
How can you avail of our support?
If you believe you require Mr Praveen Saanker’s support and assistance, you can write to us at email@example.com. Please be rest assured, we shall get back to you and be with you during your testing times in whatever capacity we can.
Mr Praveen, the founder of ‘Vedicology,’ is an internationally renowned scholar on Sanatana Dharma recognised for his knowledge and application of Indian Psychology and Spirituality. He is regarded as an expert on Indian and Western Psychology, Vedic Scriptures, Indian Rites, Rituals, Customs & Traditions, Astrology, Vastu Shastra & Numerology. Aiming to be of the utmost help, Mr Praveen Saanker looks to understand your motivations and aspirations and then provide a solution accordingly. Praveen successfully integrates the principles of Vedas with modern Psychology and Business Management. Mr Praveen Saanker works with family business entrepreneurs and next-generation leaders, advising them on the family constitution and finding a subtle balance between family and business priorities.
- Grief Counselling or Support for Bereavement
- Counselling for Stress or Support for Stress Management
- Counselling for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder or OCD
- Low Self Esteem – Counselling Support
- Self Confidence – Counselling Areas
- Infertility Counselling – Support Areas
- Counselling for HIV Patients
- Gender dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder – Support Areas
- Counselling Support for Eating Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders – Counselling Support
- Counselling for Persons with Disability
- Counselling for Depression
- Child Counselling for Issues related to Children
- Career Counselling Support
- Counselling For Cancer Patients
- Counselling Support for Victims of Bullying and People who Bully
- Anxiety Issues Counselling Support
- Anger Management – Counselling Support
- Counselling Support for Abuse Victims
- Miscarriage Induced Stress – Counselling Support
- Passive Aggressive Behaviour – Counselling Support
- Spiritual Counselling
- Counselling for Sexuality Issues
- Sexual Problems – Counselling Support
- Self Harm – Counselling Support
- Relationship Counselling
- Pregnancy Counselling
- Work Stress – Counselling Support
Psychotherapy Areas – Information You Need to Know
- What is Emotionally Focussed Therapy?
- What is Culturally Sensitive Therapy?
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- What is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
- What’s Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
- Brain Stimulation Therapy?
- What is Attachment-Based Therapy?
- What is Applied Behaviour Analysis?
- Adlerian Therapy – What is it used For?
- What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy?
- Reactive Attachment Disorder: How to Deal And The Symptoms
- What is ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- How to Stop an Addiction with Addiction Counselling?
- What is Transpersonal Therapy – The Meaning and Technique
- What is Structural Family Therapy
- Strength-Based Therapy? When Is It Used?
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy: What is It?
- What is Social Recovery Therapy?
- What is Relational Therapy, and When Is It Used?
- Psychodynamic Therapy? Psychodynamic Therapy Techniques
- Psychoanalytic Therapy Techniques and Definition
- What is Positive Psychology, and What are Positive Psychology Goals?
- What is person-centred Therapy?
- Multicultural Counselling Therapy: What Is Its Importance?
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques: What is It?
- What is Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy?
- What is Mentalisation Based Therapy?
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy: Goals of Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Types of Psychotherapy: Internal Family Systems Therapy
- What is Integrative Therapy?
- What is Hypnotherapy?
- Humanistic Therapy and Its benefits
- What is Human Givens Therapy?
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: What is It?
- What is Experiential Therapy?
- What is Existential Therapy?