Staying with your caregivers or parents from birth helps you in developing a close bond with them. The attachment you develop with them enables you to create a trusting environment at a very young age. But it is not the same in some children who all stay away from such bonds. Many times caretakers or parents can’t give their valuable time to them. Due to that, an attachment disorder occurs in them, and for the treatment, you can head to the psychotherapist in India. When such disorder occurs, the main reason for it is negligence, abuse, separation, and other factors. All these factors lead to less bonding, and it leads to very reactive attachment disorder. But when such disorders occur in you, you must go for the treatment, and you can get it quickly by going to a psychotherapist in India.
What do you mean by reactive attachment disorder?
Many people don’t have any idea about reactive attachment disorder. Such disorder occurs when any child suffers from extreme abuse or neglect for a long time. As per a British Journal of Psychiatry study, nearly 1.4 per cent of children face reactive attachment disorder. The average age of such children ranges between six to eight.
For all that reason, reactive attachment disorder is a rare disorder that occurs in children. It occurs may be due to many reasons, and for that all, it is essential to understand such conditions. For all that reason, it is right for you to go to a famous psychotherapist in India who can treat such conditions efficiently.
So, to know about such conditions, you all must look at the symptoms. In that case, you all need to see these symptoms in them.
- You always need to be in control.
- I can’t express the anger.
- Seeks attention.
- Don’t show affection to others.
- Avoid being touch by others.
- Under-developing the conscience.
Who are at risk of developing Reactive attachment disorder?
If you all look at the reactive attachment disorder risk, it starts to show by the age of five. The children who are at high risk of getting such disorder are below.
- Children who all face any abuse.
- The children all are continuously neglected.
- Children who all live in caretaking houses.
- The children all are separated from parents or caretakers.
So, these are the top situations that can lead children to such a disorder.
Symptoms of Reactive Attachment Disorder
If anyone suffers from a reactive attachment disorder, then the child or person will have some symptoms. You all need to know such symptoms and help them get the right treatment. You can see many symptoms in a person suffering from the disorder, and it needs to get treatment at the right time. You can go for the clinical psychologist in Chennai for such things, and you can quickly get all the assistance. But before that, here is the list of the symptoms that you can see in attachment disorder.
1) Expressing the anger
The children who are all suffering from such disorders often find it hard to express anger.
They are hot-headed but express it in tantrums in an aggressive manner. Apart from that, they sometimes hug you tightly and hide the anger as well.
2) Need for control
If anyone is suffering from such conditions, then it is very much difficult for them to control. They always want to be in control, and for that, they can do anything. Sometimes, it leads to arguments and other disobeying works.
3) Can’t make eye contact
The person who is suffering from reactive attachment disorder often feels it hard to go for eye contact. If you find such a symptom, then it is right for you to contact a psychotherapist in Chennai.
4) seek attention from strangers
The next symptom that you can easily find in them is the need for attention from all. As they are deprived of love and affection, so they always seek the same thing from others. But to get that all, they may go inappropriately with others.
5) No affection
They can’t get proper love and affection from their caretakers and parents, so they too can’t hate to show such affection towards them.
6) Lack of conscience
There are many instances where you can see that child fails to show any conscience. In that case, even if they misbehave still, they don’t regret it or say sorry to you for that.
These are the top symptoms that you can see in children or adults suffering from reactive attachment disorder. But these disorders can get treatment, and they can get back to a healthy life like others. For all that, you need to go to the famous psychotherapists here and ask for assistance from them. In the treatment, doctors will be going for the physical test, and if there is nothing, you can all go for mental treatment. It needs to be done so that the disorder can get the cure and lead a normal life.
Symptoms for inhibited condition
The children who are all suffering from such disorders are usually emotionally detached from everything. Most of the time, they fail to respond emotionally and get hyper-aware of the happening. They all are withdrawn and have an adverse effect as well. But when they grow old, it will turn to aggression and go for the fight with others.
Symptoms for disinherited
If a child suffers from such conditions, the parents must take them to an educational psychologist in Chennai. In such cases, they seek attention from strangers over their parents, and it may prove dangerous for them. To get affection and attention from others, they sometimes go inappropriately near others. So, it is essential to treat them in the right way by taking them to expert doctors in such cases.
Adult’s Reactive attachment disorder
The person who all is suffering from such conditions may have it from a young age. But as time passes by, so the disorder increase, and it shows during the adult age. For all that reason, it is always a better idea for you all to get it address by doctors. Attachment disorder often occurs when they fail to create any good bonds with others. If an adult faces such issues, it is good for them to go to the top psychologist in Chennai for treatment. They will assist you in it and can help you in such critical conditions.
Symptoms of adult Reactive attachment disorder
- They find it difficult to trust others.
- Get impulsive.
- I can’t handle anger issues.
- Need for controlling the environment.
- Hard to accept other advice and guidance.
- Involves in negative thinking and provoking others.
- Keeping them in isolation.
Kind of Reactive Attachment Disorders in adults
If you take a look at reactive attachment disorder in adults, then it comes with any disorders. They all suffer from many disorders, and the following type of disorder is here.
In such a disorder, the adult can’t trust the people easily. They, too, feel the anger inside them and lack to show any empathy. In such conditions, they think to be only themselves and nobody there for them.
The following kind of disorder issue is ambivalent. In such cases, they all show over interest in emotions as well as in relationships.
Due to that, it creates an unbalanced situation in a relationship.
How to treat such conditions?
If any adult faces such issues, it is good to get in touch with the best psychotherapist in Chennai, India, in Anna Nagar. The doctors here are experts and can treat any adult suffering from such conditions. It is always the best idea to go for the counsellor and assist them with such issues.
They give several therapies as per condition and make it right.
Always support adults with the disorder.
The adults need support from you and a huge encouragement to fight such disorder. Many adults don’t know about such a disorder and think themselves as usual like you. So, you must support them and take them for treatment. By that, only you can increase their chance of living a normal life.
In the case of children, there are many times the treatment can’t happen at an early stage. As time pass, the condition of children gets deteriorate and can lead to other mental conditions. So, it is right for you to seek assistance from top doctors in India for reactive attachment disorder.
Attachment disorder can cause several mental disorders, as well as other problems. A psychotherapist in India can treat these conditions. Let’s take a look at some of them:
Some Treatment Options For Reactive Attachment Disorder
The famous psychotherapists tend to focus on two things when they are treating a child with attachment disorder. The first thing is they determine the root cause of the disorder. Was it abandonment or neglect from the parents, or was it something else? If the famous psychotherapists in Chennai find that the child has been abused, then the first thing they make sure of is the child’s safety and then the rest of the family members. Secondly, the psychologist will try to mend the relationship between the child and his family members. Since no two cases are the same, the best psychotherapist will decide on an approach that best suits the particular problem. More often than not, he or she will adopt parental education and psychological therapy. Here are some of the other methods the top psychotherapist in India can adopt:
1) Family Therapy
As the name suggests, the therapy is meant to bring the kids closer to their parents. This therapy also helps parents understand their kid and his needs better, which helps them connect with their skids. Games and other fun interactional activities are used in this therapy.
2) Play Therapy
Education psychotherapist in India may decide to adopt the play therapy to help your kid learn some social skills that are needed to be a part of the bigger society. Through educational games, kids learn to learn new things while having fun.
3) One-To-One Counselling
In this type of counselling, the therapist will separate the kid from his or her parents to observe their behaviour and reactions when away from their parents. This therapy helps the therapist go to the root cause of the problem and find a suitable approach to address the underlying problem.
4) Parenting Skills Classes
This is to help parents who have kids with reactive attachment disorder learn about the disorder and understand their kid better.
5) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
This therapy is mainly recommended for older children who can express them adequately by talking. In this kind of therapy, the therapist’s main goal is to make the child come to terms with some past events in their life and then develop healthy habits to make sure that such an event does not repeat itself.
The best psychotherapist in India may prescribe medicines if your child exhibits other symptoms like insomnia or anxiety.
Help your kid during the treatment
.It is not easy to parent a child that has a reactive attachment disorder. Not only does your child have to make an effort to connect with you, but you also have to make an effort to reconnect with him or her. It will not be easy, and it can be emotionally draining for you, but with some professional help, it is entirely possible. Along with seeing a therapist, here are a few things that you should keep in mind to aid your child.
- Celebrate The Successes – Do not give up, no matter how emotionally draining it is for you. Remember, you are not alone in this; your child is suffering too. Keep going at it by celebrating the smallest of success.
- Keep Calm While Setbacks Happen – You cannot expect a smooth ride. There will be bumps and setbacks, but do let that break your spirit.
- Look After You – While this emotional battle goes on, do not forget to look after yourself. You should pay more attention to your sleeping schedules and your diet. It would help if you stayed healthy to provide support to your kid.
- Create A Sustained Network – Seek out a support network where you can talk about your struggle.
- Set The Boundaries – Do not push your kid; instead, set boundaries where your children will not be annoyed by your nagging and fussing.
- Be There Following Conflict – You must make peace right after you fight with your kid. This shows your kid that a small fight does not reduce your love for him or her.
- Make Amends – Strengthen your trust and make your child have faith in you by owning up to your past mistakes.
- Keep The Routine – Kids with reactive attachment disorder do not take well to changes, so any changes do occur, make sure to be there with him or her and provide an explanation for the changes.
- Help Your Kid Feel Loved – Do not neglect your kid even if you had a stressful day at work. Find some time within your busy schedule to spend time with them and get to know them.
Counselling for disorder
If you plan to go for counselling, you can go for the counselling psychotherapist in India. You all must go for the treatment of attachment disorder as it may lead to various other issues in children. There are many times when such disorder is ignored or given less importance, leading to emotional and behavioural problems in the future.
For all these reasons, it is always best to address such issues in a significant way. The people who are all looking for such treatment can quickly go for a famous psychologist in India. The treatment is both for adults as well as for children.
In the case of children, the psychologist goes for the family or playing the therapy process. When you go for the counselling procedure, such treatment depends on the situation of the children. The main aim of the counselling procedure is to make the bond between the child and caretaker strong. In that way, only you can deal with such a disorder in a better way. So, to help them in the right way and give good advice for the treatment, you can head to a psychotherapist in India.
The adults who are all facing attachment disorder can also take benefit from the treatment. There is the best treatment for them, which offers them the best results for the disorders. It will help you create the bond as an adult, and it will take the depression and emotional stress away from your mind. For better treatment for your disorder, you can make an appointment with a top psychologist in India.
Qualifications You Look For In A Counsellor?
Ensure that the therapist is experienced in dealing with attachment therapy and has a child or youth counselling qualification from an accredited university. This is apart from the basic doctoral degree in Psychology.
Psychotherapy with Praveen Saanker
Coaching, Psychotherapy and Counselling services provided by Mr Praveen Saanker are part of our “not-for-profit” activities. We do not charge a consulting fee for these support initiatives since they are meant to provide aid and relief for truly deserving individuals who otherwise may not have been able to afford these services.
Mr Praveen Saanker has set aside 12 hours of his professional time every week to provide coaching and counselling services. Appointments are provided basis the unique needs and circumstances of each individual. Please note that we do not have robust CRM platforms or customer support teams to provide instant answers to your queries or replies to your mails. Hence please bear with us for the time we take to get back to you.
What do we expect from you?
When you decide to get associated with us, we expect you to contribute to society in whatever capacity you can. This may mean you are undertaking voluntary work in your domain of expertise and provide empowerment and support to the needy. This can also mean you are giving help and assistance to people who desperately look forward to your aid when they have no one else who can help them. All we want you to do is give back to the universe and your fellow humans in whichever capacity you can.
We are not a registered charitable organisation, and hence we do not accept financial donations or support items in any form. You can get associated with anyone and choose the path you would like to follow in empowering your fellow human beings. But we would like to hear from you on how you intend to contribute back to society shortly when you choose to avail of our services.
How can you avail of our support?
If you believe you require Mr Praveen Saanker’s support and assistance, you can write to us at email@example.com. Please be rest assured, we shall get back to you and be with you during your testing times in whatever capacity we can.
Mr Praveen, the founder of ‘Vedicology,’ is an internationally renowned scholar on Sanatana Dharma recognised for his knowledge and application of Indian Psychology and Spirituality. He is regarded as an expert on Indian and Western Psychology, Vedic Scriptures, Indian Rites, Rituals, Customs & Traditions, Astrology, Vastu Shastra & Numerology. Aiming to be of the utmost help, Mr Praveen Saanker looks to understand your motivations and aspirations and then provide a solution accordingly. Praveen successfully integrates the principles of Vedas with modern Psychology and Business Management. Mr Praveen Saanker works with family business entrepreneurs and next-generation leaders, advising them on the family constitution and finding a subtle balance between family and business priorities.
- Grief Counselling or Support for Bereavement
- Counselling for Stress or Support for Stress Management
- Counselling for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder or OCD
- Low Self Esteem – Counselling Support
- Self Confidence – Counselling Areas
- Infertility Counselling – Support Areas
- Counselling for HIV Patients
- Gender dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder – Support Areas
- Counselling Support for Eating Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders – Counselling Support
- Counselling for Persons with Disability
- Counselling for Depression
- Child Counselling for Issues related to Children
- Career Counselling Support
- Counselling For Cancer Patients
- Counselling Support for Victims of Bullying and People who Bully
- Anxiety Issues Counselling Support
- Anger Management – Counselling Support
- Counselling Support for Abuse Victims
- Miscarriage Induced Stress – Counselling Support
- Passive Aggressive Behaviour – Counselling Support
- Spiritual Counselling
- Counselling for Sexuality Issues
- Sexual Problems – Counselling Support
- Self Harm – Counselling Support
- Relationship Counselling
- Pregnancy Counselling
- Work Stress – Counselling Support
Psychotherapy Areas – Information You Need to Know
- What is Emotionally Focussed Therapy?
- What is Culturally Sensitive Therapy?
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- What is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
- What’s Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
- Brain Stimulation Therapy?
- What is Attachment-Based Therapy?
- What is Applied Behaviour Analysis?
- Adlerian Therapy – What is it used For?
- What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy?
- Reactive Attachment Disorder: How to Deal And The Symptoms
- What is ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- How to Stop an Addiction with Addiction Counselling?
- What is Transpersonal Therapy – The Meaning and Technique
- What is Structural Family Therapy
- Strength-Based Therapy? When Is It Used?
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy: What is It?
- What is Social Recovery Therapy?
- What is Relational Therapy, and When Is It Used?
- Psychodynamic Therapy? Psychodynamic Therapy Techniques
- Psychoanalytic Therapy Techniques and Definition
- What is Positive Psychology, and What are Positive Psychology Goals?
- What is person-centred Therapy?
- Multicultural Counselling Therapy: What Is Its Importance?
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques: What is It?
- What is Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy?
- What is Mentalisation Based Therapy?
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy: Goals of Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Types of Psychotherapy: Internal Family Systems Therapy
- What is Integrative Therapy?
- What is Hypnotherapy?
- Humanistic Therapy and Its benefits
- What is Human Givens Therapy?
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: What is It?
- What is Experiential Therapy?
- What is Existential Therapy?