In the 1980s, Dr Sue Johnson decided to develop a new therapy that would focus on emotions from a new light, and Dr Leslie Greenberg further developed this therapy. This newly developed therapy came to be known as emotionally focussed therapy or short for EFT. This is short term therapy that many couples facing problems in their relationship tend to go for. Emotionally focussed therapy lasts for about 20 sessions, but not more than that—many top psychologists in India practice EFT.
The therapy seeks to help distressed couples find happiness in their lives again by bridging the emotional distance between them and increasing their attachment to each other.
When to use emotionally focussed therapy?
Emotionally focussed therapy mainly focuses on adult relationships. So this therapy is mainly used when a couple is in distress. It can be about their failing marriage or the growing distance between them. Relationships often crumble or get sour when certain unexpected situations and events occur in one’s lives, so the best psychologist in Chennai, India, uses EFT to focus on the negative emotions that one feels and turns them to positive. Top psychologists in India also use EFT to help out families grieving the loss of their parents or child. The therapy also helps a family or a couple to come to terms with one’s illness. Apart from mending relationships, the therapy can also help out individuals suffering from depression or severe trauma.
What to Expect from Emotionally Focussed Therapy?
EFT focuses on emotions; how emotions can shape a person. You can use your emotions to understand who you are, which is what the top psychologists in India do. You may not realize the dormant feelings or emotions. Once you start your EFT session, your therapist will help you discover these hidden emotions with the help of cognitive-behavioural therapy. Cognitive-behavioural therapy will help determine any physical discomfort. The therapist will also study the dynamic between you and your partner or your family members and then tie the feelings you feel at present with the situation you are currently in. Your therapist will help you to express these newly discovered emotions.
How does EFT work?
Emotionally focussed therapy has three stages. The first step is the de-escalation stage. Here therapists map out the negative feelings and interactions. The second step is the restructured interactions stage, whereby the therapist will direct conversation between the couple to be more open and honest with each other. The last stage is the consolidation stage, where the therapist shows them the negative patterns and how to address them by having positive interactions.
The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy accredits the best psychologists in India to practice EFT. When looking for a therapist in Chennai, look for someone with whom you can talk freely.
Psychotherapy with Praveen Saanker
Coaching, Psychotherapy and Counselling services provided by Mr Praveen Saanker are part of our “not-for-profit” activities. We do not charge a consulting fee for these support initiatives since they are meant to provide aid and relief for truly deserving individuals who otherwise may not have been able to afford these services.
Mr Praveen Saanker has set aside 12 hours of his professional time every week to provide coaching and counselling services. Appointments are provided basis the unique needs and circumstances of each individual. Please note that we do not have robust CRM platforms or customer support teams to provide instant answers to your queries or replies to your mails. Hence please bear with us for the time we take to get back to you.
What do we expect from you?
When you decide to get associated with us, we expect you to contribute to society in whatever capacity you can. This may mean you are undertaking voluntary work in your domain of expertise and provide empowerment and support to the needy. This can also mean you are giving help and assistance to people who desperately look forward to your aid when they have no one else who can help them. All we want you to do is give back to the universe and your fellow humans in whichever capacity you can.
We are not a registered charitable organisation, and hence we do not accept financial donations or support items in any form. You can get associated with anyone and choose the path you would like to follow in empowering your fellow human beings. But we would like to hear from you on how you intend to contribute back to society shortly when you choose to avail of our services.
How can you avail of our support?
If you believe you require Mr Praveen Saanker’s support and assistance, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be rest assured, we shall get back to you and be with you during your testing times in whatever capacity we can.
Mr Praveen, the founder of ‘Vedicology,’ is an internationally renowned scholar on Sanatana Dharma recognised for his knowledge and application of Indian Psychology and Spirituality. He is regarded as an expert on Indian and Western Psychology, Vedic Scriptures, Indian Rites, Rituals, Customs & Traditions, Astrology, Vastu Shastra & Numerology. Aiming to be of the utmost help, Mr Praveen Saanker looks to understand your motivations and aspirations and then provide a solution accordingly. Praveen successfully integrates the principles of Vedas with modern Psychology and Business Management. Mr Praveen Saanker works with family business entrepreneurs and next-generation leaders, advising them on the family constitution and finding a subtle balance between family and business priorities.
Praveen Saanker Profile
- Grief Counselling or Support for Bereavement
- Counselling for Stress or Support for Stress Management
- Counselling for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder or OCD
- Low Self Esteem – Counselling Support
- Self Confidence – Counselling Areas
- Infertility Counselling – Support Areas
- Counselling for HIV Patients
- Gender dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder – Support Areas
- Counselling Support for Eating Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders – Counselling Support
- Counselling for Persons with Disability
- Counselling for Depression
- Child Counselling for Issues related to Children
- Career Counselling Support
- Counselling For Cancer Patients
- Counselling Support for Victims of Bullying and People who Bully
- Anxiety Issues Counselling Support
- Anger Management – Counselling Support
- Counselling Support for Abuse Victims
- Miscarriage Induced Stress – Counselling Support
- Passive Aggressive Behaviour – Counselling Support
- Spiritual Counselling
- Counselling for Sexuality Issues
- Sexual Problems – Counselling Support
- Self Harm – Counselling Support
- Relationship Counselling
- Pregnancy Counselling
- Work Stress – Counselling Support
Psychotherapy Areas – Information You Need to Know
- What is Emotionally Focussed Therapy?
- What is Culturally Sensitive Therapy?
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- What is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
- What’s Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
- Brain Stimulation Therapy?
- What is Attachment-Based Therapy?
- What is Applied Behaviour Analysis?
- Adlerian Therapy – What is it used For?
- What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy?
- Reactive Attachment Disorder: How to Deal And The Symptoms
- What is ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- How to Stop an Addiction with Addiction Counselling?
- What is Transpersonal Therapy – The Meaning and Technique
- What is Structural Family Therapy
- Strength-Based Therapy? When Is It Used?
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy: What is It?
- What is Social Recovery Therapy?
- What is Relational Therapy, and When Is It Used?
- Psychodynamic Therapy? Psychodynamic Therapy Techniques
- Psychoanalytic Therapy Techniques and Definition
- What is Positive Psychology, and What are Positive Psychology Goals?
- What is person-centred Therapy?
- Multicultural Counselling Therapy: What Is Its Importance?
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques: What is It?
- What is Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy?
- What is Mentalisation Based Therapy?
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy: Goals of Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Types of Psychotherapy: Internal Family Systems Therapy
- What is Integrative Therapy?
- What is Hypnotherapy?
- Humanistic Therapy and Its benefits
- What is Human Givens Therapy?
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: What is It?
- What is Experiential Therapy?
- What is Existential Therapy?