What is Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy? Well, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy is an altered version of cognitive therapy. It uses mindfulness practices like breathing exercises and meditation. With the help of mindfulness therapy, psychotherapists in Chennai, India,, teach clients how they can control spiralling by breaking free from negative thought patterns. This can further help clients from getting depressed or anxious.
Usage of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy
Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy was initially developed for people who are prone to cycles of depression, in addition to preventing them from relapse. This therapy is effective in treating patients with major depressive disorders. The therapy procedure can also be used in patients with generalized anxiety disorder and addiction. Mindfulness therapy has also effectively treated depression in people with physical health conditions like brain injury and vascular disorders.
What Happens In Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy?
It is a group therapy taking place once a week for 2 hours. The therapy is for a span of eight weeks. With the help of this therapy, clients learn from famous psychotherapists necessary cognitive procedures. Some of them are a connection of thoughts and feelings and meditation procedures. Clients also receive homework when they have to practice breathing exercises and meditation. Much emphasis is to make people understand their mental conditions like depression.
How Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy Works?
When a person has already had episodes of depression, it is very easy for them to relapse. With the help of Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, a psychotherapist in Chennai teaches clients how to change the relationship with overwhelming emotions rather than not acknowledging them. Breathing exercises and meditation helps in reorganising the neural networks. So that the client can find alternative responses to respond to a situation, by establishing a routine of meditation, clients can use this method whenever they face overwhelming negative emotions. In this way, whenever something sad triggers and brings up the usual negative associations that may trigger depression, the client has a weapon to break such associations and respond differently.
Choosing a Therapist
An MBCT Therapist usually is a mental health professional with enhanced training in mindfulness practices. Some institutions like the US San Diego Center for Mindfulness provide training and certification to psychotherapists to teach clients these methods. However, you must also make sure that you feel comfortable discussing your personal matters with the psychologist you choose before making a choice. There are reputed MBCT therapists in India who combine ancient Indian mindufllness based Yogic practices with modern psychology.
Psychotherapy with Praveen Saanker
Coaching, Psychotherapy and Counselling services provided by Mr Praveen Saanker are part of our “not-for-profit” activities. We do not charge a consulting fee for these support initiatives since they are meant to provide aid and relief for truly deserving individuals who otherwise may not have been able to afford these services.
Mr Praveen Saanker has set aside 12 hours of his professional time every week to provide coaching and counselling services. Appointments are provided basis the unique needs and circumstances of each individual. Please note that we do not have robust CRM platforms or customer support teams to provide instant answers to your queries or replies to your mails. Hence please bear with us for the time we take to get back to you.
What do we expect from you?
When you decide to get associated with us, we expect you to contribute to society in whatever capacity you can. This may mean you are undertaking voluntary work in your domain of expertise and provide empowerment and support to the needy. This can also mean you are giving help and assistance to people who desperately look forward to your aid when they have no one else who can help them. All we want you to do is give back to the universe and your fellow humans in whichever capacity you can.
We are not a registered charitable organisation, and hence we do not accept financial donations or support items in any form. You can get associated with anyone and choose the path you would like to follow in empowering your fellow human beings. But we would like to hear from you on how you intend to contribute back to society shortly when you choose to avail of our services.
How can you avail of our support?
If you believe you require Mr Praveen Saanker’s support and assistance, you can write to us at email@example.com. Please be rest assured, we shall get back to you and be with you during your testing times in whatever capacity we can.
Mr Praveen, the founder of ‘Vedicology,’ is an internationally renowned scholar on Sanatana Dharma recognised for his knowledge and application of Indian Psychology and Spirituality. He is regarded as an expert on Indian and Western Psychology, Vedic Scriptures, Indian Rites, Rituals, Customs & Traditions, Astrology, Vastu Shastra & Numerology. Aiming to be of the utmost help, Mr Praveen Saanker looks to understand your motivations and aspirations and then provide a solution accordingly. Praveen successfully integrates the principles of Vedas with modern Psychology and Business Management. Mr Praveen Saanker works with family business entrepreneurs and next-generation leaders, advising them on the family constitution and finding a subtle balance between family and business priorities.
Praveen Saanker Profile
- Grief Counselling or Support for Bereavement
- Counselling for Stress or Support for Stress Management
- Counselling for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder or OCD
- Low Self Esteem – Counselling Support
- Self Confidence – Counselling Areas
- Infertility Counselling – Support Areas
- Counselling for HIV Patients
- Gender dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder – Support Areas
- Counselling Support for Eating Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders – Counselling Support
- Counselling for Persons with Disability
- Counselling for Depression
- Child Counselling for Issues related to Children
- Career Counselling Support
- Counselling For Cancer Patients
- Counselling Support for Victims of Bullying and People who Bully
- Anxiety Issues Counselling Support
- Anger Management – Counselling Support
- Counselling Support for Abuse Victims
- Miscarriage Induced Stress – Counselling Support
- Passive Aggressive Behaviour – Counselling Support
- Spiritual Counselling
- Counselling for Sexuality Issues
- Sexual Problems – Counselling Support
- Self Harm – Counselling Support
- Relationship Counselling
- Pregnancy Counselling
- Work Stress – Counselling Support
Psychotherapy Areas – Information You Need to Know
- What is Emotionally Focussed Therapy?
- What is Culturally Sensitive Therapy?
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- What is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
- What’s Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
- Brain Stimulation Therapy?
- What is Attachment-Based Therapy?
- What is Applied Behaviour Analysis?
- Adlerian Therapy – What is it used For?
- What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy?
- Reactive Attachment Disorder: How to Deal And The Symptoms
- What is ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- How to Stop an Addiction with Addiction Counselling?
- What is Transpersonal Therapy – The Meaning and Technique
- What is Structural Family Therapy
- Strength-Based Therapy? When Is It Used?
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy: What is It?
- What is Social Recovery Therapy?
- What is Relational Therapy, and When Is It Used?
- Psychodynamic Therapy? Psychodynamic Therapy Techniques
- Psychoanalytic Therapy Techniques and Definition
- What is Positive Psychology, and What are Positive Psychology Goals?
- What is person-centred Therapy?
- Multicultural Counselling Therapy: What Is Its Importance?
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques: What is It?
- What is Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy?
- What is Mentalisation Based Therapy?
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy: Goals of Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Types of Psychotherapy: Internal Family Systems Therapy
- What is Integrative Therapy?
- What is Hypnotherapy?
- Humanistic Therapy and Its benefits
- What is Human Givens Therapy?
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: What is It?
- What is Experiential Therapy?
- What is Existential Therapy?