Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a form of psychotherapy. It mainly focuses on the idea that individuals’ thoughts and feelings reflect on how they behave. There are top psychologists in Chennai, India practising this form. CBT only focuses on how to solve the problem and how to change the way an individual thinks. Many psychotherapists now use Cognitive-behavioural therapy to deal with various mental health issues.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Uses
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is best for couples, adults, children, individuals, adolescents. It has been moderately to highly effective. Psychotherapists use this to treat generalized anxiety disorder, depression, general stress, post-traumatic disorder, anger issues, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorders, social phobia, marital difficulties, eating disorders, marital problems, depressive disorders, childhood anxiety, agoraphobia, and obsessive-compulsive disorders. There are famous psychologists in Chennai who use this to treat their patients. This treatment is mainly for the present issues of a client. Some famous psychotherapists also use this as an intervention for severe pain.
What to Expect From Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
In the first step Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, you will have to learn and identify the upsetting thoughts you have about any problem. This is where you will also analyze whether these thoughts are rational. You will learn skills to block any unrealistic and painful thoughts. These skills will help you learn to make your thoughts more realistic. After this, the therapists will help you choose a course of action. There is a top psychotherapist in Chennai who can help you do that. These courses of action will include exercise, which will change how you think and feels and, in return, change your behaviour.
How Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Works?
The CBT cognitive and behavioural theories state that the way individuals perceive any situation affects their reaction more than the proper reality of the situation. For a discouraged individual, his perspective on any experience will not be realistic. So, famous psychotherapists try to change how their clients think and feel to make their reaction to a situation more realistic. The therapist will ask how the client is thinking or feeling and then analyze whether this is even valid or not. Hence the famous psychologists in Chennai try to involve their patients in CBT. This way, they understand the simplest way to enhance their lives is to change their course of feeling and thinking. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy also helps to make a better approach to every kind of situation.
What to look for in a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
If you are currently looking for a psychologist in Chennai specialising in CBT, you should check whether he or she is licensed. Not just a license, the therapist should have experience and specialized training in CBT. Only licensed and certified therapists can help you in case you need a CBT. Besides this, you should also check whether you feel safe and comfortable with the therapist. You should be able to talk freely. You can change a therapist if you do not like the procedure of your therapist.
Psychotherapy with Praveen Saanker
Coaching, Psychotherapy and Counselling services provided by Mr Praveen Saanker are part of our “not-for-profit” activities. We do not charge a consulting fee for these support initiatives since they are meant to provide aid and relief for truly deserving individuals who otherwise may not have been able to afford these services.
Mr Praveen Saanker has set aside 12 hours of his professional time every week to provide coaching and counselling services. Appointments are provided basis the unique needs and circumstances of each individual. Please note that we do not have robust CRM platforms or customer support teams to provide instant answers to your queries or replies to your mails. Hence please bear with us for the time we take to get back to you.
What do we expect from you?
When you decide to get associated with us, we expect you to contribute to society in whatever capacity you can. This may mean you are undertaking voluntary work in your domain of expertise and provide empowerment and support to the needy. This can also mean you are giving help and assistance to people who desperately look forward to your aid when they have no one else who can help them. All we want you to do is give back to the universe and your fellow humans in whichever capacity you can.
We are not a registered charitable organisation, and hence we do not accept financial donations or support items in any form. You can get associated with anyone and choose the path you would like to follow in empowering your fellow human beings. But we would like to hear from you on how you intend to contribute back to society shortly when you choose to avail of our services.
How can you avail of our support?
If you believe you require Mr Praveen Saanker’s support and assistance, you can write to us at email@example.com. Please be rest assured, we shall get back to you and be with you during your testing times in whatever capacity we can.
Mr Praveen, the founder of ‘Vedicology,’ is an internationally renowned scholar on Sanatana Dharma recognised for his knowledge and application of Indian Psychology and Spirituality. He is regarded as an expert on Indian and Western Psychology, Vedic Scriptures, Indian Rites, Rituals, Customs & Traditions, Astrology, Vastu Shastra & Numerology. Aiming to be of the utmost help, Mr Praveen Saanker looks to understand your motivations and aspirations and then provide a solution accordingly. Praveen successfully integrates the principles of Vedas with modern Psychology and Business Management. Mr Praveen Saanker works with family business entrepreneurs and next-generation leaders, advising them on the family constitution and finding a subtle balance between family and business priorities.
Praveen Saanker Profile
- Grief Counselling or Support for Bereavement
- Counselling for Stress or Support for Stress Management
- Counselling for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder or OCD
- Low Self Esteem – Counselling Support
- Self Confidence – Counselling Areas
- Infertility Counselling – Support Areas
- Counselling for HIV Patients
- Gender dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder – Support Areas
- Counselling Support for Eating Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders – Counselling Support
- Counselling for Persons with Disability
- Counselling for Depression
- Child Counselling for Issues related to Children
- Career Counselling Support
- Counselling For Cancer Patients
- Counselling Support for Victims of Bullying and People who Bully
- Anxiety Issues Counselling Support
- Anger Management – Counselling Support
- Counselling Support for Abuse Victims
- Miscarriage Induced Stress – Counselling Support
- Passive Aggressive Behaviour – Counselling Support
- Spiritual Counselling
- Counselling for Sexuality Issues
- Sexual Problems – Counselling Support
- Self Harm – Counselling Support
- Relationship Counselling
- Pregnancy Counselling
- Work Stress – Counselling Support
Psychotherapy Areas – Information You Need to Know
- What is Emotionally Focussed Therapy?
- What is Culturally Sensitive Therapy?
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- What is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
- What’s Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
- Brain Stimulation Therapy?
- What is Attachment-Based Therapy?
- What is Applied Behaviour Analysis?
- Adlerian Therapy – What is it used For?
- What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy?
- Reactive Attachment Disorder: How to Deal And The Symptoms
- What is ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- How to Stop an Addiction with Addiction Counselling?
- What is Transpersonal Therapy – The Meaning and Technique
- What is Structural Family Therapy
- Strength-Based Therapy? When Is It Used?
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy: What is It?
- What is Social Recovery Therapy?
- What is Relational Therapy, and When Is It Used?
- Psychodynamic Therapy? Psychodynamic Therapy Techniques
- Psychoanalytic Therapy Techniques and Definition
- What is Positive Psychology, and What are Positive Psychology Goals?
- What is person-centred Therapy?
- Multicultural Counselling Therapy: What Is Its Importance?
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques: What is It?
- What is Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy?
- What is Mentalisation Based Therapy?
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy: Goals of Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Types of Psychotherapy: Internal Family Systems Therapy
- What is Integrative Therapy?
- What is Hypnotherapy?
- Humanistic Therapy and Its benefits
- What is Human Givens Therapy?
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: What is It?
- What is Experiential Therapy?
- What is Existential Therapy?