What is Marriage and Family Therapy? As per psychologists in India, Marriage and Family Therapy precisely focuses on the behaviours of family members. It also emphasises how these behaviours affect the family members, the inter-relationship between the family members and the family as a whole. The whole therapy is divided into individual therapy, couple therapy, family therapy, or all. Therapists also use Marriage and Family Therapy to treat family issues, marriage problems, or couple problems. There are many psychologists in Chennai who practice this therapy.
When do Therapists use Marriage and Family Therapy?
Marriage and Family therapy is used to treat parent and child conflict, marital and couple conflict, alcohol, and drug abuse, eating disorders, sexual dysfunction, grief, distress, eating disorders, weight issues, eldercare issues, children behavioural problem, struggles to cope up with dementia of elderly members. You can find many counselling psychologists in Chennai who resolve other mental problems along with this therapy. Many practitioners of this method also treat anxiety, schizophrenia, and depression. They also work on how these issues affect other family members. You can find many psychotherapists in Chennai, India who practices this method.
What to Expect?
There are a total of 12 solution-focused sessions in Marriage and Family therapy. In this therapy, the therapist starts with meeting the whole family and discussing the problem at first. Then the therapist will meet every individual separately and address their issue. The therapist uses the first session to gather information and learn about the issue. This is where the client also has to gather a perfect sense of the therapist’s roles, intentions, and motives. The client has to respect the rules of the psychotherapist in Chennai, such as which family member should stay and which one shouldn’t at a session. Later on, the client learns about who is contributing to conflicts and how they can be resolved. Many psychologists in Chennai, India use this method.
How Does Marriage and Family Therapy Work?
Unlike other therapies, this therapy not only concentrates on the individual but also the individual’s behaviour. Also, how his/her behaviour affects the family or couple, MFT believes that no matter whether the problem is about an individual or in the family, the best results will only involve all the family members in the therapy sessions. Many psychologists in Chennai believe in that. This therapy focuses mainly on the outcome.
Ideal Marriage and Family Therapist
Look for marriage and family therapy Psychologists in Chennai, with license and valid certification. The practitioners should also acquire training in this field. You should feel comfortable and safe to work with your therapist.
Psychotherapy with Praveen Saanker
Coaching, Psychotherapy and Counselling services provided by Mr Praveen Saanker are part of our “not-for-profit” activities. We do not charge a consulting fee for these support initiatives since they are meant to provide aid and relief for truly deserving individuals who otherwise may not have been able to afford these services.
Mr Praveen Saanker has set aside 12 hours of his professional time every week to provide coaching and counselling services. Appointments are provided basis the unique needs and circumstances of each individual. Please note that we do not have robust CRM platforms or customer support teams to provide instant answers to your queries or replies to your mails. Hence please bear with us for the time we take to get back to you.
What do we expect from you?
When you decide to get associated with us, we expect you to contribute to society in whatever capacity you can. This may mean you are undertaking voluntary work in your domain of expertise and provide empowerment and support to the needy. This can also mean you are giving help and assistance to people who desperately look forward to your aid when they have no one else who can help them. All we want you to do is give back to the universe and your fellow humans in whichever capacity you can.
We are not a registered charitable organisation, and hence we do not accept financial donations or support items in any form. You can get associated with anyone and choose the path you would like to follow in empowering your fellow human beings. But we would like to hear from you on how you intend to contribute back to society shortly when you choose to avail of our services.
How can you avail of our support?
If you believe you require Mr Praveen Saanker’s support and assistance, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be rest assured, we shall get back to you and be with you during your testing times in whatever capacity we can.
Mr Praveen, the founder of ‘Vedicology,’ is an internationally renowned scholar on Sanatana Dharma recognised for his knowledge and application of Indian Psychology and Spirituality. He is regarded as an expert on Indian and Western Psychology, Vedic Scriptures, Indian Rites, Rituals, Customs & Traditions, Astrology, Vastu Shastra & Numerology. Aiming to be of the utmost help, Mr Praveen Saanker looks to understand your motivations and aspirations and then provide a solution accordingly. Praveen successfully integrates the principles of Vedas with modern Psychology and Business Management. Mr Praveen Saanker works with family business entrepreneurs and next-generation leaders, advising them on the family constitution and finding a subtle balance between family and business priorities.
- Grief Counselling or Support for Bereavement
- Counselling for Stress or Support for Stress Management
- Counselling for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder or OCD
- Low Self Esteem – Counselling Support
- Self Confidence – Counselling Areas
- Infertility Counselling – Support Areas
- Counselling for HIV Patients
- Gender dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder – Support Areas
- Counselling Support for Eating Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders – Counselling Support
- Counselling for Persons with Disability
- Counselling for Depression
- Child Counselling for Issues related to Children
- Career Counselling Support
- Counselling For Cancer Patients
- Counselling Support for Victims of Bullying and People who Bully
- Anxiety Issues Counselling Support
- Anger Management – Counselling Support
- Counselling Support for Abuse Victims
- Miscarriage Induced Stress – Counselling Support
- Passive Aggressive Behaviour – Counselling Support
- Spiritual Counselling
- Counselling for Sexuality Issues
- Sexual Problems – Counselling Support
- Self Harm – Counselling Support
- Relationship Counselling
- Pregnancy Counselling
- Work Stress – Counselling Support
Psychotherapy Areas – Information You Need to Know
- What is Emotionally Focussed Therapy?
- What is Culturally Sensitive Therapy?
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- What is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
- What’s Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
- Brain Stimulation Therapy?
- What is Attachment-Based Therapy?
- What is Applied Behaviour Analysis?
- Adlerian Therapy – What is it used For?
- What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy?
- Reactive Attachment Disorder: How to Deal And The Symptoms
- What is ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- How to Stop an Addiction with Addiction Counselling?
- What is Transpersonal Therapy – The Meaning and Technique
- What is Structural Family Therapy
- Strength-Based Therapy? When Is It Used?
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy: What is It?
- What is Social Recovery Therapy?
- What is Relational Therapy, and When Is It Used?
- Psychodynamic Therapy? Psychodynamic Therapy Techniques
- Psychoanalytic Therapy Techniques and Definition
- What is Positive Psychology, and What are Positive Psychology Goals?
- What is person-centred Therapy?
- Multicultural Counselling Therapy: What Is Its Importance?
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques: What is It?
- What is Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy?
- What is Mentalisation Based Therapy?
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy: Goals of Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Types of Psychotherapy: Internal Family Systems Therapy
- What is Integrative Therapy?
- What is Hypnotherapy?
- Humanistic Therapy and Its benefits
- What is Human Givens Therapy?
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: What is It?
- What is Experiential Therapy?
- What is Existential Therapy?