As per psychotherapists in Chennai, India, Interpersonal Psychotherapy or Interpersonal Therapy is a therapy for treating mood disorders. In addition, it is a limited time and evidence-based approach. This therapy is to lessen the client’s distress and improve his or her interpersonal relationships and social functioning.
The four areas that Interpersonal therapy resolves are –
- First, it attempts to improve interpersonal problems; this includes unsatisfied relationships and social isolation.
- Second, it helps to resolve any grief left unresolved.
- Third, this therapy helps in transition.
- Fourth, a famous psychotherapist uses IPT to resolve any distress caused by conflicts with family, friends, coworkers, or partners.
Applications of Interpersonal Therapy
Top psychologist in India uses the IPT method to treat perinatal depression, eating disorders, drug or alcohol addiction, mood disorders, Bipolar disorders, and dysthymia. This therapy focuses on current relationships and conflicts rather than in the past.
Psychologist doctors in Chennai use this methodtherapy method to alter the pattern of relationships and resolve the conflicts rather than resolveepressive symptoms associated with it. IPT emphasises thoughts and acts only because it affects the interpersonal relationship of the client. Interpersonal therapy resolves the target areas than focusing on the client’s personality trait. IPT is less directive than Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
What You Can Expect from Interpersonal Therapy
Therapists conduct it individually or in groups in 12-16 weeks. The first stage includes the therapist analysing the client’s social history, depressive symptoms, relationships, and changes in the relationship. After that, the therapist implements treatments in the required areas. The treatment structure includes continuous assessment, homework, and interviews. You can expect all of this from the top psychologist in India. In group therapy, you can expect pre-treatment, mid-treatment and post-treatment individual meetings after the post-treatment to review goals, strategies, and progress.
How Interpersonal Therapy Works
This method was discovered 20 years ago. Psychotherapists in Chennai use this time-structured treatment to treat major depression. It is more prevalent in recent years, the main reason being the social environment triggering depression or continued depression. This therapy was for adults, but psychologist doctors in Chennai now use this method on adolescents and older adults. It was a part of a study analysing the efficacy of antidepressants; it could be compared in effectiveness to medication.
What To Expect In An IPT Therapist
For interpersonal therapy or psychotherapy, you can get some of the best psychotherapists in Chennai. It is a very new method and as a by-product of extensive research. Most of the therapists who expertise in IPT are researchers. In addition, experts conduct clinical training to train non-researchers. An ideal IPT psychotherapist must help the individual address his or her interpersonal distress and supports and clarify the issues. The therapist should also be great at communication and supportive learning.
Psychotherapy with Praveen Saanker
Coaching, Psychotherapy and Counselling services provided by Mr Praveen Saanker are part of our “not-for-profit” activities. We do not charge a consulting fee for these support initiatives since they are meant to provide aid and relief for truly deserving individuals who otherwise may not have been able to afford these services.
Mr Praveen Saanker has set aside 12 hours of his professional time every week to provide coaching and counselling services. Appointments are provided basis the unique needs and circumstances of each individual. Please note that we do not have robust CRM platforms or customer support teams to provide instant answers to your queries or replies to your mails. Hence please bear with us for the time we take to get back to you.
What do we expect from you?
When you decide to get associated with us, we expect you to contribute to society in whatever capacity you can. This may mean you are undertaking voluntary work in your domain of expertise and provide empowerment and support to the needy. This can also mean you are giving help and assistance to people who desperately look forward to your aid when they have no one else who can help them. All we want you to do is give back to the universe and your fellow humans in whichever capacity you can.
We are not a registered charitable organisation, and hence we do not accept financial donations or support items in any form. You can get associated with anyone and choose the path you would like to follow in empowering your fellow human beings. But we would like to hear from you on how you intend to contribute back to society shortly when you choose to avail of our services.
How can you avail of our support?
If you believe you require Mr Praveen Saanker’s support and assistance, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be rest assured, we shall get back to you and be with you during your testing times in whatever capacity we can.
Mr Praveen, the founder of ‘Vedicology,’ is an internationally renowned scholar on Sanatana Dharma recognised for his knowledge and application of Indian Psychology and Spirituality. He is regarded as an expert on Indian and Western Psychology, Vedic Scriptures, Indian Rites, Rituals, Customs & Traditions, Astrology, Vastu Shastra & Numerology. Aiming to be of the utmost help, Mr Praveen Saanker looks to understand your motivations and aspirations and then provide a solution accordingly. Praveen successfully integrates the principles of Vedas with modern Psychology and Business Management. Mr Praveen Saanker works with family business entrepreneurs and next-generation leaders, advising them on the family constitution and finding a subtle balance between family and business priorities.
- Grief Counselling or Support for Bereavement
- Counselling for Stress or Support for Stress Management
- Counselling for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder or OCD
- Low Self Esteem – Counselling Support
- Self Confidence – Counselling Areas
- Infertility Counselling – Support Areas
- Counselling for HIV Patients
- Gender dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder – Support Areas
- Counselling Support for Eating Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders – Counselling Support
- Counselling for Persons with Disability
- Counselling for Depression
- Child Counselling for Issues related to Children
- Career Counselling Support
- Counselling For Cancer Patients
- Counselling Support for Victims of Bullying and People who Bully
- Anxiety Issues Counselling Support
- Anger Management – Counselling Support
- Counselling Support for Abuse Victims
- Miscarriage Induced Stress – Counselling Support
- Passive Aggressive Behaviour – Counselling Support
- Spiritual Counselling
- Counselling for Sexuality Issues
- Sexual Problems – Counselling Support
- Self Harm – Counselling Support
- Relationship Counselling
- Pregnancy Counselling
- Work Stress – Counselling Support
Psychotherapy Areas – Information You Need to Know
- What is Emotionally Focussed Therapy?
- What is Culturally Sensitive Therapy?
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- What is Cognitive Stimulation Therapy?
- What’s Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
- Brain Stimulation Therapy?
- What is Attachment-Based Therapy?
- What is Applied Behaviour Analysis?
- Adlerian Therapy – What is it used For?
- What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy?
- Reactive Attachment Disorder: How to Deal And The Symptoms
- What is ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- How to Stop an Addiction with Addiction Counselling?
- What is Transpersonal Therapy – The Meaning and Technique
- What is Structural Family Therapy
- Strength-Based Therapy? When Is It Used?
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy: What is It?
- What is Social Recovery Therapy?
- What is Relational Therapy, and When Is It Used?
- Psychodynamic Therapy? Psychodynamic Therapy Techniques
- Psychoanalytic Therapy Techniques and Definition
- What is Positive Psychology, and What are Positive Psychology Goals?
- What is person-centred Therapy?
- Multicultural Counselling Therapy: What Is Its Importance?
- Motivational Interviewing Techniques: What is It?
- What is Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy?
- What is Mentalisation Based Therapy?
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy: Goals of Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Types of Psychotherapy: Internal Family Systems Therapy
- What is Integrative Therapy?
- What is Hypnotherapy?
- Humanistic Therapy and Its benefits
- What is Human Givens Therapy?
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: What is It?
- What is Experiential Therapy?
- What is Existential Therapy?